more about us

January 16, 2013

and it feels like rain | eggs and toast



To write here feels like a luxury - and in many ways I guess it is. The transition from holidays to work has been a bit of a shock to the system. My feet are feeling it the worst - swapping jandals for lab-appropriate footwear (no sandals, no ballet flats...boots/sneakers). It has also been excellent and full. Thinking to myself "are you being effective?" whilst in the lab has upped my productivity immensely. I've got a (self imposed) deadline in six weeks that I'm working towards - and other interesting things going on too. This weekend I am spending Friday night and Saturday (just) out of the city - I have my fingers crossed for good weather, unlike tonight when, walking up the hill, I got caught in an unexpected summer downpour.

If you've arrived here from oscarlucinda, welcome! I'd like to tell you that usually I do try and post recipes - but this week dinners have been some variation of egg, chilli, onion, (new season!) garlic, kale on toast, loosely inspired by kate's baked eggs recipe. Our garden is mass producing broad beans at the moment so expect something broad beans focussed soon ..

-----

title from it feels like rain - aaron neville

-----

photo - waihi beach rainbow before the end of a cyclone came and made the sea surge and winds blow (so strong that, with a huge cracking, large tree in the garden fell over)

8 comments:

  1. G, I wish you a wonderful new year.
    This photograph is so,so beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Judith, happy new year to you too! x

      Delete
  2. what a magical photo, so much about it is utterly wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jay. it was a magical evening, I was just lucky enough to witness it. :-) xx

      Delete
  3. blue sky, clouds, a rainbow, and some waves...seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, I couldn't tear myself away. or fit all the amazingness into my camera - but I tried. x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. yes, it's my image, thanks for asking! If it hadn't been mine I would credit the photographer. welcome :-)

      Delete